Tuesday, September 4, 2012
Please keep your eye out for the SurveyMonkey bike race survey, which is coming soon! We'd love to hear your thoughts on this past race season!
Thanks everyone and make sure you batten down the hatches tonight!!!
Thursday, August 23, 2012
What an exciting race!
|CONGRATULATIONS to our Alaska Champions, Brent & Jessie!|
Tuesday, August 21, 2012
- 214 people participated in this year's XC series (!!!)
- our largest category, Sport Men, had 53 participants
- first year offering a shortened course - we had 27 short coursers!
- courses had more single track than ever - thanks to the sweet STA trails!!!
- every single Tuesday night race was sunny and beautiful! (how is that even possible?)
- more junior (under 18) racers than ever - 37 male and female juniors
- 38 beginner racers! that's more than we've ever had, and remember, our beginners eventually (or occasionally) turn into our experts, so we need to keep them around!
- we had another amazing group of volunteers - people that dedicate lots of time and sweat and occasional blood to get the courses cleared, marked, and cleaned, along with the people that help with registration and timing
- John Lackey, Tim Berntson, Jeff Ellis, Kara Oney, Alex Wilson, Chet Fehrmann, Carey Grumelot, Margaret Cunningham: our rockstar course team
- Emily Henderson, Alycia Beiergrohslein, Sara Rottman, Martha Piersma, Chet Fehrmann: the group of patient people that got you registered for each race & time the race
- all the other people that have volunteered some time here and there - there are many of you! Please know that I appreciate the help of each and every one of you.We honestly couldn't do it without ALL of you!
- Check out Brian Looney's pictures of Kincaid XC#5!
If you see your name above, it means you will be awarded at the Awards BBQ this Sunday, August 26! All the info on the Awards BBQ can be found by clicking on the State Champs tab at the top of this blog. PLEASE COME!!! Better yet, please come and RACE in the state champs! 4 awesome races in 4 days! Check out all the details.
Friday, August 17, 2012
Tuesday, August 14, 2012
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
**we did have several (read: LOTS) of folks miss course, take wrong turns, add some trail, skip some trail, etc... so we are just calling it a wash... anyone not okay with that can track down everyone that didn't do the course exactly as it was meant to be, then adjust the results. :)
***we have TWO small hoodies left... get them at the next race for $35. Plus SOCKS! $10/pair
Friday, July 20, 2012
Registration, race start/finish area will be based out of the Jodhpur parking lot!
See you all on Tuesday!
Friday, July 13, 2012
Please send me an email if you see an error with your results.
See you all next Tuesday for Kincaid XC #4. More details will be posted this coming week.
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Sunday, July 8, 2012
- Registration: 6-6:45pm
- Race start: 7pm
- You must be a member of the Arctic Bike Club to race. Join HERE.
- Helmets are required.
- Bear bells are not required for this race.
- This race does not count for points in the Kincaid Race Series.
- $15 adults, juniors (under 18) race free!
Tuesday, July 3, 2012
Wednesday, June 20, 2012
***quick note concerning the beginner and junior categories: if you are racing one lap and are under the age of 18, you are automatically put into the junior category. If over 18 and racing one lap, then you are in the beginner category.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Saturday, June 9, 2012
Race fees, registration/bib pick ups, sponsors, details galore! YAHOO!
We're working on a GREAT course and we hope to see you all out there! This is a great race for ALL ages and abilities, so don't let the long time length freak you out! Just take it one lap at a time!
Tuesday, June 5, 2012
Thank you to everyone that volunteered time setting up the course, taking down the course and helping with timing/registration! These races happen because of YOU!
Monday, June 4, 2012
Sunday, May 27, 2012
Tuesday, May 22, 2012
Everyone did a fantastic job! I hope to see you all out again at the first Kincaid XC of the year - Tuesday, June 5. More details and a course map to come!
Please note that the Downhill Dome scheduled for Saturday, June 2 has been cancelled due to the huge amount of snow still on the ground higher up. But don't worry! We're hoping to do an entire DOWNHILL weekend later in the summer. Stay tuned for more information. If you have specific interest in the downhill races and would like to volunteer, please shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
Sunday, May 20, 2012
Monday, April 30, 2012
Thursday, March 29, 2012
Arctic Bike Club Bike Swap
Buy, sell, trade bikes & bike-related gear!
Where: AT&T Sports Pavillion Complex, 11051 O’Malley Ctr Drive, Anchorage, AK 99507
Map Link: www.a8c.us/ABDLrm
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Thursday, February 9, 2012
24 Hour Race
June 30-July 1
We are looking for a new name for the race! Instead of naming it after wherever the race is located that particular year (24 Hours of Hillside, 24 Hours of Kincaid, 24 Hours of Matanuska.... etc...) we'd like to settle on ONE name that will follow it wherever it may go.
If you've got an awesome, witty, clever or just plain funny name for our race, please leave a comment under this posting. If we pick your race name, you'll race in the 2012 24 Hour race (any category) for free! WOOHOO!!!